Monday, January 15, 2007

One of These Days I'm Going to Cut You Into Little Pieces

What I'd like to do now is to have a discussion about why it's so incredibly difficult for people to mind their own business. I feel as though I was transported to a parallel universe last night, and I think I'm about to have some sort of mental or emotional breakdown.

Why would someone, anyone, a person, talk to the husband of someone about their concerns about the faithfulness of the husband's wife? Why would this happen? Why is it that people are so interested in other people's relationships, interested enough to forcibly insert themselves into it and spew forth their advice and opinions? Again with the unsolicited advice and opinions!

Let me ask you this, do Husband and I look or seem to be that incompetent? Do we really not seem capable of dealing with our lives and our relationship? Is it the nine years we've been together, the four years we've been married, the almost total lack of arguing, the constant support and encouragement, or the complete trust that we have in each other that gives you this impression?

Why, knowing that Husband is a sensitive if somewhat insecure man would someone purposefully plant ideas in his head about me being unfaithful to him? Why? Why does it seem like our "friends" desire to create drama in our lives? Why are our "friends" so concerned about our marriage? Is it because we never have problems and you think we need some? Are we being sabotaged, taken down from the inside? Are you people that petty and jealous that you can't believe Husband and I are the real deal? Don't you all have other things to worry about than us?

I'm so pissed, hurt, confused, sad I could seriously drive through a wall right now. I love it. We open our home to practically everyone on the planet. We cook for everyone, clean the house, make sure bills and rent are paid, buy beer, buy cigs, smoke everyone out, always have a bed to crash in or somewhere to sleep, let people stay with us for months without giving us money, in general give of ourselves completely, and you sorry bunch of fucks repay us by talking shit about me. And not just shit, you accuse me of cheating on Husband, with our friend. And you share this with the friend and Husband. Share, please. You gossip, you poison minds with this shit. And thanks, by the way, for the vote of confidence. It's so nice to feel like people think well of you, that you're a stand up person. Lord knows I'd never want people to think that, hmm, cheat on my husband for instance. Fuck You!!!!

I'm done. Done! I feel like digging a hole, crawling inside and never coming out. If I never see our "friends" again, I think right now I'll be okay with that. But how about this as a general rule of thumb, unless you are a person whom I am giving money to for the purpose of discussing the issues in my life, in which case I am paying you for the service of providing me with your advice and opinions, STAY THE FUCK OUT of my business. Keep your opinions and shit talking to yourself. Keep it in your fucked up brain where it belongs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the pink floyd reference. from meddle. one of their best.

you'dneverguess said...

damn right. if you haven't seen live in pompeii, it's a must.

Anonymous said...

i own it.

you'dneverguess said...

As do we - Christmas gift for Husband a couple of years ago. We did have the VHS, but I figured it was time to upgrade. It's one of Husband's favorite movies, or whatever you call it.

Anonymous said...

funny...i got it for xmas a coupla years ago too. that and stevie ray vaughan (live at the el macambo). quality stuff. that version of texas flood makes me cry when i see it.