Thursday, January 18, 2007

Brain Damage

Ugg! On days like this I'm thankful that I don't work on Fridays. I am suffering from a slight hangover, though I didn't drink very much. Must be the not-eating thing, it gets me every time. Husband, KB, Frankie and I were invited to go bowling last night. I don't bowl. I've bowled maybe once in my life when I was a child. Husband on the other hand was in a bowling league for years, and is still really good.

I had the best time! Not only did I break 100, I bowled 4 or 5 strikes and I actually learned how to bowl correctly. I've got to work on my speed a little. I'm not very fast, but my approach is good. So we bowled and drank beer and had a great time. It was a nice change to be out of the house and with friends. No drama, no shit-talking, no problems.

I'm suffering the consequences of my decisions today though. I'm bleary-eyed, tired, and I have that fuzzy feeling in my head, like I'm not quite awake yet. So now I have to think about tonight. Since I don't work tomorrow today is technically my Friday. The question is do I muster the strength to start drinking again well into the night when I finally go to sleep at 3:00 am, or do I attempt some semblance of responsibility and go to bed early? I have a feeling it will be somewhere in between. KB has requested that Frankie and I practice tonight. Have I mentioned that I sing? I sing. Not professionally or anything, though people tell me I should. My response is that I love to sing. If I did it for a living I probably wouldn't love it anymore. Anyway, Frankie is an amazing guitar player and we are trying to learn some songs together. We just have fun mostly.

I have learned that Mama is creating a page on myspace where she will display the many pictures and videos documenting Roommates attempted suicide. As soon as I have details I will post a link here. Until then, patience!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait!!! Tell Mama to hurry up!