Wednesday, December 27, 2006

It's Snowing!!!!!

Yeah! Finally the snow is starting to fall. I personally love it, that's why Husband and I moved to the mountains. The air is cleaner, the sky is bluer, the trees are bigger, everything smells better, and it snows. For Husband and I this means backhilling (snowboarding the back country), snowshoeing, skiing for Husband, he's incredible, and various other snow activities. We live in the best possible area for everything outdoors. In the summer we're minutes away from the lake, hiking, mountain biking, whatever. And in the winter, same thing except for everything is covered in snow.

It was coming down pretty well on my way to work, and I hope it keeps up all day. I had a wonderful drive, listening to Dave Matthews, watching the snow fall, thanking God for being alive. Something about the snow, I don't know, it's so much different than rain. I lived in Portland, Oregon for four years and couldn't leave quick enough. I hate the rain. But the snow - it's so quiet and peaceful. I love the sound it makes, kind of a crunch crunch, when you walk on it. I love how it disguises everything and transports you instantly to a new world. What was once recognizable, covered in snow is not at all. You can get lost for hours in the woods, and sometimes I do on purpose. Ben, our dog, and I will go to the woods and he'll bury his face in the snow and slide all over and we'll just walk for hours. It's amazing to live where we do. I'm so thankful. Sure, it's farther to drive for some things. We're farther away from our parents. But we get to live in the mountains. It's way worth it.

No comments: