Friday, March 09, 2007

Some Drawings

I started drawing seriously about a month ago. Something just clicked inside my brain and I was able to really see something in my head and put it on paper. These are just some drawings I've done in the past month. The tree is a tattoo I drew for Husband. The koi fish is the tattoo I'm going to get on my other hip. The chrysanthemum is the tattoo I'm going to get on my back. The dinosaurs are a drawing for KB's son. I'm very excited because I just realized I can use my web cam for a camera. So I'm going a bit picture crazy right now.













7 comments:

M@ said...

Used to draw as a boy. I wish now that I'd taken fewer literature classes and more visual art as an undergrad.

Just get stoned and... add a little more blue here....

Jon said...

Very impressive!

I think tattoos are much more meaningful if the artwork is your own. I actually drew myself a fish tattoo too..

you'dneverguess said...

Me too Jon. The ones on my back were very carefully chosen, and in my head before I got them on paper. I didn't actually draw either of them myself, unfortunately. But the one on my my lower belly I drew. That was my first tattoo. It's a koi as well if you can't tell.

you'dneverguess said...

Matt - me too. Now I really wish I'd taken art classes in some capacity. Yeah, the stoned thing is good when I'm drawing. Or cleaning house.

Michael C said...

Very, very cool! If I could draw anything like that, I wouldn't feel the need to express myself through writing. But I can't so the writing continues...
;-)

Steven said...

I like the boobs on the mermaid... ;)

I think the tree is the best drawing overall though.

Steve~

you'dneverguess said...

Michael & Steve -
Thanks a bunch. The boobs on the mermaid are good, huh? I've got several more good boob pics. I like drawing women, it's fun. And there's no point in drawing them if they're not going to have nice boobs, right?
I like the tree too. I think it came out very well.